Reference Language | Libraries | Comparison | Changes
This page lists major changes to the Arduino core, libraries, and environment. For details, see the release notes.
Changes in Arduino 0019
- Added String class.
- Added shiftIn() function.
- Added Serial.peek() function.
- Added aliases for the analog input pins: A0, A1, etc.
- Added SPI library.
- Ethernet library now depends on the SPI library; add
#include <SPI.h> to the top of sketches.
Changes in Arduino 0018
Changes in Arduino 0017
- Environment: The code base for the Arduino development environment was largely re-written to bring it back into sync with Processing (1.0.3). The main differences include support for multiple sketch windows open simultaneously and a dedicated window for the serial monitor.
- Icons: The icons and about images were updated.
- Arduino.app: The Mac OS X version of Arduino is now a .app file packaged in a .dmg.
- Libraries: Support was added for third-party libraries in the SKETCHBOOK/libraries directory. This allows user-installed libraries to persist across upgrades of the Arduino software.
- Servo: The servo library was rewritten to allow support for up to 12 servos (on any pins) and up to 48 on the Mega.
- LiquidCrystal: The begin(), cursor(), noCursor(), blink(), noBlink(), display(), noDisplay(), scrollDisplayLeft(), scrollDisplayRight(), autoscroll(), noAutoscroll(), leftToRight(), rightToLeft(), and createChar() functions were added.
Changes in Arduino 0016
- New functions for writing a string, write(str), or buffer, write(buf, len), were added to the Print, Serial, and Ethernet library Client and Server classes.
Changes in Arduino 0015
- Support for the Arduino Mega.
Changes in Arduino 0013
- Support for printing floats was added to the Print, Serial, and Ethernet library Client and Server classes.
- The word type and word(), bitRead(), bitWrite(), bitSet(), bitClear(), bit(), lowByte(), and highByte() functions were added.
Changes in Arduino 0012
- Added the Firmata library, which provides a standard protocol for serial communication.
- Added Ethernet library.
- Added Servo library.
- Added LiquidCrystal library.
Corrections, suggestions, and new documentation should be posted to the Forum.
The text of the Arduino reference is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License. Code samples in the reference are released into the public domain.